Understanding the Difference Between a Bonded Warehouse and Your Typical Storage Facility

Warehouses are used in the supply chain to store goods and keep them secure. They are very useful for any company that needs to store goods for a long period, like an exporter. A bonded warehouse is not a place where you can store your goods to avoid paying taxes or duties.

You may not have heard of this type of Bonded Warehouse before. But you might be familiar with a duty-free store or a duty-paid store. These stores are in unsecured areas, meaning that anyone can enter them without any limitations. This is also true for warehouses as they are considered to be unsecured areas where anyone can enter with limitations.

A duty-free store is often found at airports and other border checkpoints and it provides goods to travelers who have passed through customs with minimal or no duties paid on them. A duty-paid store is an opposite because it’s located outside of the customs area and these stores collect duties on behalf of the government from travelers who have not yet passed through customs.

This warehouse is similar to these stores because they provide goods to people who will eventually pass-through customs but they also store goods for those who cannot. These stores provide goods to people who are “in transit” and store the goods for people who have already passed through customs.

How to secure a warehouse?

A company must have a permit from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to operate a warehouse. The first thing you need to do is register for a permit with the IRS, and then create an account on their website. You will need your business license and other documents for this step.

Next, you will need to get an employer identification number (EIN) from the IRS which is typically done online as well. Once you have your EIN, you can file for your permit with the IRS by submitting Form 7453-PEBK-1 and Form 7453-PEBK-2; these forms are submitted electronically through the IRS website.

Finally, if you want to be able to sell products tax-free in certain states or territories, then you will also need an additional form called Form 637 – Application for Registration of Tax-Exempt Warehouseman. Form 1040 is used by individual taxpayers to report income, expenses, losses, and credits.

It is a comprehensive form that reports earnings and gains from all sources of employment-related income, self-employment earnings, taxable interest income, and distributions from IRAs. It also requires reporting non-taxable income such as scholarships or alimony received.

The form also requires reporting major medical insurance coverage received over a certain amount of time (generally six months).

How do you get goods into a warehouse?

This is a place where goods are stored and processed before they are exported or imported. It is a type of warehouse in which the importer or exporter pays customs duties on the goods that are being stored there.

To get goods into a warehouse, you need to have an import license for your country and have the appropriate documents for your products. You will also have to enter into a customs bond with the warehouse, which will guarantee that you pay all of your taxes when you take the goods out of storage.

Understanding the difference between a bonded warehouse and a typical storage facility.

A bonded warehouse is a storage facility that is authorized to store goods for import or export.

They are not free to use, but there are several benefits to using them. On the other hand, a typical storage facility is a facility that is used to store goods to protect them from damage or loss. Lionext Inc. offers a variety of services, including:


Customs clearance


Warehousing and distribution

Insurance coverage for goods in transit

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

four × two =